[Momonga-users.en:00026] Re: [Nvidia proprietary driver]

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:17:03 +0200
Ylon <ylon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've put xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 folder... but looks like my flying
> squirrel did simply ignore it. Indeed I've made some modification,
> like change to match my hardware, but nothing: it did just run (or
> should I say "fly"?) with the detected hardware... as no xorg.conf
> exist.
Please type diff command like

$ diff -u Xorg.0.log.FAIL Xorg.0.log.GOOD > Xorg.0.log.diff

and watch the Xorg.0.log.diff carefully.
I see following lines.

-(++) Using config file: "xorg.conf.new"
+(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

You have a xorg.conf.new in your home directory.
X-server was using this file.
Please remove xorg.conf* from your home directory.
Probably, /etc/X11/xorg.conf will work.

> So, I've try to "forcing" it to read the .conf file.
> After close Xserver (init 3 on terminal) and run Xorg -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> It was just even worse than jump off from a tree by night: it just
> gave ma a black screen with no sign of life.
> Same issue if I try to use an autogenerated xorg.conf (Xorg
> -configure)... my momonga squirrel just don't want to use xorg.conf:
> no matter what.
> I've attached my autogenerated xorg.conf (which tell exactly about my
> hardware on notebook). Plus the log file when when system run fine
> (Xorg.0.log.GOOD) with auto detected server.. and the bad one
> (Xorg.0.log.FAIL) when forced to read any xorg.conf (black screen).
You have two pointing devices.

(II) config/hal: Adding input device TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" (type: MOUSE)
(II) config/hal: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" (type: TOUCHPAD)

disable LVDS
(II) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMemMapRegisters() :
== cut ==

found in Xorg.0.log.FAIL.

I attached my xorg.conf.
It is just a sample.
Please modify it to correct for your hardware.
I attach Xorg.0.log of my Apire One to this mail.
It's working fine with synaptics.
Double touch (to drag icons) and scrolling (slide finger on right
side of the touch pad) are working.

Ichiro Nakai