[Momonga-users.en:00024] Re: [Nvidia proprietary driver]

Hi, thanks for your report about NVIDIA driver issue.

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 20:14:12 +0200
Ylon <ylon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Meanwhile I am installing Momonga on a notebook: everything did work
> like a charm this time (well, it was on IBM hardware.. which usually
> mean it's pretty compatible with linux)...I'd just have some minor
> problem to set some thing, due I'd notice the unexpected missing of
> xorg.conf file.
> How I can set correctly the touchpad? I was used to use touch gestures
> like double touch (to drag icons) and scrolling (slide finger on right
> side of the touch pad).
xorg.conf was obsoleted.
Because X-server is detecting devices by hal automatically now.
If you need xorg.conf, you can put the xorg.conf to /etc/X11/ directory.
I attach my xorg.conf of Acer Aspire One to this mail as a sample.
Probably, "Keyboard0" will be ignored.
I see following lines in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0

But synaptics for touchpad is working fine.

Ichiro Nakai