[Momonga-users.en:00018] timezone

Hi I want to extrat the time zone information from the system.
Something what date prints i.e. Thu Jun 5 23:38:25 PDT 2008
How can I do that using c calls. I read that glibc version of struct tm
has the time zone information. But how to get that. Can some help??
"This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential, proprietary,
privileged information of Symphony Services Corp (India) Pvt. Ltd. and are intended
solely for the use of the recipient/s to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized
notifying, copying or distributing of this e-mail, directly or indirectly, and the
contents therein in full or part is prohibited by any entity who is not a recipient.
Any email received inadvertently or by mistake should be deleted by the entity who
is not a recipient thereof. You may be pleased to notify the sender immediately by
email and the email should be deleted from your system".