[Momonga-devel.en:00030] Draft 2 for the release announcement

----------------------------------------  ここから

This is muradaikan. Here is a translation of the release announcement of Momonga Linux 1.

Momonga Project now releases Momonga Linux 1, the fruit of more than 2 years time since the formation of the Project in July 2002.

Momonga Linux 1 features

Security conscious
Momonga Linux 1 is configured NOT to start all and every services and daemons that are installed.
Momnga Linux user is to select particular services/daemons as needed. This is to substantially
reduce risks being attacked before any updates become available when a new security hole is found.

Also, ssp patch for gcc is applied.
All the packages are compiled with -fstack-protector option unless doing so causes problems.

Sazanami font
Kochi font was suspended from publication for its copyright viloation.
Instead, high quality free Sazanami font is included replacing Kochi font.

Equipped with the latest drivers, like libata, for the latest devices.

Integrated package management
To utilize rpm efficiently, yum is available on top of mph from Kondara MNU/Linux.

Due to licensing problems, Momonga Project decided not to include XFree86-4.4.0.

Integrated Desktop environment
Gnome2.6.0, KDE3.2.3 and Xfce4.0.6 are available.

Printing system
CUPS is employed.

Internationalized patch provided by the IPA is applied.

Latest version of apache2 series.

postfix and sendmail
Momonga Linux 1 recommends postfix as MTA but sendmail can also be used.

vsftpd offers very secure ftp daemon.

Please read http://www.momonga-linux.org/download.html.en carefully and download images
from our main distribution sites or mirroring sites.

Binary packages
 ISO image
   4 CDs, or
   1 DVD

 *Installation via ftp/http is also available.

ISO images do not contain source packages like SRPMs. If necessary, download the source packages as required.

Updates support period
Momonga Linux 1 updates will be provided until the release of Momonga Linux 2.

BTS (Bug Tracking System)
When you think you found a bug/error please check to see if there have been any reports
on the bug/error in Momonga Linux FAQ, documents, or mailing-list archives.
Please report new bug/error to BTS below.

Momonga LInux 1 was made possible with the results of Mr. Linus Torvalds and developers in the
Open Source community. Also we would like to express our gratitude to all the supporters and users
of Momonga Linux.

Thank you very much.

Momonga Project Core Team
Masahiro Takahata